CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Getting ready


I packed up my bags on a saturday. I couldn't leave right away that day. I was going away for 5 weeks. A last minute cancelation from another band and they now were going to be playing in Palm Springs. I was asked to come and see the show and get a better idea of what to expect and what to do. Ok, here it goes. I'm about to get in my pickup truck and drive to Palm Springs to meet with a band I've never met or played with and replace their guitarist who agreed to do this last show. I looked around. Everything I needed was packed. Guitars, clothes, boots. It was soon time to go. I felt this shift inside of me. Whenever I change something big in life like a job, relationship or a place to live I often get a sense that I'm leaving something behind. For me that something is a sense of a former self. Like the way a snake sheds its old skin. I grabbed my guitars and baggage. I walked down the hall and counted backwards from 10. As soon as I counted to 1, I was going to open that hall door and leave my jobs behind. I was going on the road. I had worked many jobs at many times such as retail, in a hotel, in a couple of restaurants, telephone marketing etc.. Now I was about to work as a musician. A job I had thought about doing many times. I had done some freelance gigs as a musician here and there. Now I was about to do it full time.

0 comments: